Goa: Environment department gets new name
The department of environment will henceforth be called the department of environment and climate change.
The cabinet that met approved a proposal to the effect.
The department conducts activities related to the national action plan on climate change, and also exercises administrative control over all environmental related institutes being established in the state.
- World AIDS Day: 01 December
- World AIDS Day is being observed every year on 01 December to raise public awareness about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome, AIDS.
- This year, the theme is “Communities Make the Difference”
- It is a pandemic disease caused due to the infection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- The day also provides an opportunity for people to unite in the fight against HIV and to show support for those living with HIV.
- As per the latest estimate of 2017, there are around 21 lakh 40 thousand people living with HIV in the country.
- The government is implementing the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) as a hundred per cent Central Sector Scheme for prevention and control of AIDS.
- India becomes the first country to make entire Haj process digital
- India has become the first country to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital.
- This came after the minister signed the bilateral agreement for the pilgrimage with the Saudi Haj Minister in Jeddah.
- An online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, “e-MASIHA” health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation and transportation in Mecca-Madina.
- This year, a 100-line information centre has been established at the Haj House, Mumbai for providing information regarding the entire Haj process.
· Particles drama won the Golden Peacock Award at the 50th IFFI
ð The French-Swiss co-produced drama film Particles directed by Blaise Harrison and produced by Estelle Fialon won the Golden Peacock Award at the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI). It is an ambitious yet modest film about the mysteries of being a teenager.
- Lijo Jose Pellissery won the Best Director Award for the movie Jallikattu
- Seu Jorge won the Best Actor-Male Award
- Usha Jadhavwon the Best Actor-Female Award
- Pema Tseden‘sBalloon won the Special Jury Award
· India signed MoU with Qatar to set up University campus
- Maharashtra’s Savitribai Phule Pune University (STPU)and Qatar’s Milestone International Educationsigned a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enable the University to set up its campus in Doha.
- The aim of the agreement is to provide opportunities in higher education to around 8 million Indian diaspora based in Qatar.
- The MoU will promote cooperation between the two institutions with the support of the government of the State of Qatar.
- It will open new avenues and opportunities for the Indian community in Qatar.
- National Policy to speed up Gas Infrastructure
- A “high-level committee” has been set up by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory board (PNGRB) to frame national policy on city gas distribution.
- The intention of the policy is to speed up development of infrastructure of piped natural gas.
- The committee formed will perform a detailed review of the issues in the development of piped gas network.
- The policy will also address issues like delay in getting approvals at state level.
- It will also identify Geographical Areas that are facing difficulties in witnessing significant progress as compared to the other regions.
- The number of Geographical Areas with good City Gas Distribution has increased from 78 in the end of 2017 to 229 in 2019 according to the Ministry of Petroleum.
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 to be launched across the country
- Centre launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 2.0 across the country.
- The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine-preventable diseases.
- The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B.
- Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and Hemophilus influenzal are also being provided in selected areas.
- The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States.
- The IMI 2.0 will be carried out between December 2019 and March 2020.
Final Destination for Goa PSC Notes and Tests, Exclusive coverage of GPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus, Dedicated Staff and guidence GOAPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for GOAPSC Prelims and GOAPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by GOAPSC Notes are as follows:-
- GOAPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- GOAPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- GOAPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- GOAPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes